Sunday, November 16, 2008

two months later

It's now been more than two months since I've returned from Kenya, and it was pointed out to me last night that I never really wrote a final post to cap off the trip, for which I apologize. And for a couple of reasons, it seemed like now was as good a time as any - except for maybe two months ago when I got home - to do it.

This weekend was the Global Missions Health Conference in Louisville. I went in 2006 and really enjoyed the experience, but this year it was - among other things - almost like going to a big family reunion because of all the Tenwek people who attended. There's no question that God has made a really special place for Tenwek in my heart, and it's hard for me to think about maybe not being able to go back for two years or even more. But I'm confident it all works out in the Sovereign Plan. On the other hand, I got all sorts of nerd-excited by the emphasis on community/public health at this year's conference and hearing people like Henry Perry and Carl Taylor speak, and it's helping me really to look forward to embarking on an MPH once I get to Boston.

I arrived back in Cleveland this evening and - also finally - finished uploading my pictures from my time at Tenwek and my subsequent safari with Agneta. The latter was a somewhat different, rainier experience than I've had in the past, and I learned some fascinating facts about torrential rain on the Mara. See if you can find the picture of the wildebeest all facing the same direction in the storm. Hope you enjoy, and thanks once last time for all of your prayers.

1 comment:

themrs said...

wow carolyn, i came across this by accident. what an amazing journey you're on! i look forward to reading more! i have a blog also, although not quite as adventurous as africa :) more along the lines of the adventures of raising four kids!
abby (garvin) glaser
adayinthelifeofthemrs.blogspot.com