It's been quite some time since I've had occasion to update this blog, but since I'm planning to get on a flight to Nairobi in exactly four weeks, I thought I'd take the opportunity to dredge the site out of its 2008 layout and make it fit for 2013. Or try, anyway... web design isn't exactly my strong suit.
All joking aside, the excitement I have as I anticipate my first trip back to Tenwek in four and a half years is hard to describe. Just a year ago, I wasn't sure how this could happen. I thought God was paving my way back to Cleveland, pointing me toward a job that would be amazing, but wouldn't necessarily make it easy to re-engage in missions. Instead I sit on my couch tonight in Boston, with a last-minute miracle of a job that not only kept me in a city I had come to love as home, but gave me a boss who has been more supportive and encouraging of my desire to pursue international work than I could have ever imagined or hoped for. Every day I am grateful.
As I look toward Tenwek, I've kept in touch with enough friends to know that plenty has changed since the fall of 2008: I'm going to experience the learning curve all over again, and it will, in all likelihood, be exhausting and heartbreaking some days. But I'm also confident that it's still a place where the work of the cross is going on, that people I care about and miss are still laboring and loving there, and that being a part of the Tenwek community - even for the short term - is an incredible privilege.
I look forward to sharing it with you.

No comments:
Post a Comment